Bank Clerk Job Description – Job Profile of Bank Clerk
In this article we are going to tell you about the meaning of a Bank clerk as well as the roles and responsibilities of a bank clerk. We are also going to explain you in brief about the job profile of a Bank Clerk.
Bank clerks are also known as front office employees or assistants and in general we can define a bank clerk as a person employed in bank to deal with customer’s transactions and first point of contact in a bank as bank clerks occupy front counters in a bank.
To become a bank clerk a candidate need to apply through IBPS, an autonomous organization for recruitment in participating banks consisting around 22 banks. IBPS conducts every year a Common Written Exam for recruitment of Clerical cadre vacancies. Similarly a few banks also conduct their own exam for the clerical cadre recruitment such as SBI, RBI and private banks such as Axis Bank, ICI Bank etc.
Role, Responsibility and Job Profile of a Bank Clerk
- Guide customers about bank products and services
- Handle customers and answer about their queries
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of computers and calculation skills
- Accept payments, sanction withdrawals, verify cheques, issue demand drafts & other banking related services to the customers
- Marketing of financial products of banks such as loans, deposits, schemes to visitors
- Recording & updating databases into bank’s computer systems etc.
Hope after reading this article, now you must have a good idea about the roles, responsibilities and job profile of a Bank Clerk.