In this post I am going to tell you about the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2016-17. The exam will be conducted in the month of December 2016 and January 2017.
Preliminary Examination: There will be three papers in the preliminary examination which are English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. In English paper there will be 30 objective questions. While in Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability there will be 35 questions each.
Hence there will be 100 questions of 100 marks in the Preliminary Examination.
Main Examination: In the main examination there will be 5 sections which are:
- Test of Reasoning
- Test of English Language
- Test of Numerical Ability
- Test of General Awareness
- Test of Computer Knowledge
There will be 40 questions in each of the section. Hence there will be a total of 200 questions of 200 marks in the Main Examination.
Interview: Those who will qualify the Main Examination will be required to appear in the interview which will be of 35 Marks.
Duration: The duration of the preliminary exam will be I hour and the duration of the main exam will be 2 hours.
Other Important Points:
- The main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations.
- A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination). 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stands sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online main examination and interview taken together in order of merit.